Show Us What You Can Do!
We're looking to fill the position of VP Student Engagement, and we want you to apply!
Bring your passions for planning and mental health together into one perfect role.
- Design and implement an appropriate weekly member meeting structure, and act as the lead for these meetings. Ensure scheduling is consistent and at a time members can attend
- Provide content for a member updates email newsletter, at least monthly, to members
- Design presentations related to recruitment, and organize recruitment presentations over the course of both semesters in classes from multiple disciplines. There should be a minimum of twenty-five (25) presentations over the course of the year
- Prepare a calendar for member meeting topics and ensure these are passed onto the VP Communications
- Handle the scheduling of any member participation in tabling, events or any other SAMH related initiatives.
- Record attendance and participation for members, in order to inform the final decision of receiving CCR credit. Ensure this is available to the Executive team to review at the end of the year. Participation and member validation will be to the discretion of the VP Student Engagement, using a “stamp/sticker” system where particular events/volunteer opportunities are worth particular values, adding up to a pre-approved total necessary for CCR credit.
- Act as validator for CCR credit and as the consult to the President for any members requesting a letter of recommendation.
- Provide a calendar of member opportunities both within SAMH and in the Ottawa community for mental health related events and initiatives.
Deadline: December 10, 2016
Please email your completed document to firstname.lastname@example.org. No supplementary material (résumé, cover letter) is required, but can be included at your own discretion.
For detailed information on the mandates of each VP Executive team, refer to the official SAMH Constitution (Article IV 4). To view our mission, or to get to know each executive, click here! If you have any questions or concerns regarding the roles or application process, including accessibility needs, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in joining our team and making a difference on and off campus!